Sunday, November 4, 2012

Autumn

     I'm not sure if there's a particular reason for it, but I swear, it seems since June, every month has gotten exponentially shorter. October, which is my favorite months, is almost over and I feel like two weeks have passed since the 1st. I wonder if this cycle will continue to the point where one day I'm 40 and am spending time with my wife and kids (LOLOLOLOL) and the next I'll be passing in some old folks home or hospital bed? I feel like my time is being taken from me. Or maybe I've been wasting it? I think I already know the answer to that. Although, Listening to The Devil's Blood makes it all a bit better. Anyone who sees this blog should do themselves a favor and also check out The Devil's Blood. Awesome 70's-esque proggy/psychedelic occult band, and the basically rule. Definitely worth checking out.

     When I got to work today, it turned out that everything I needed to do tonight was already done, so I’ve kind of just been looking for things to do, and not finding them. I'll be back in my outside post soon, so that will give me some time to read, or what have you. My mind's been a bit blank lately when it comes to things to draw, so I probably won't be doing that. Mind's been a little blank in general I guess I could say, actually. I should probably spend more time shooting electrons through my brain instead of drooling about why it isn't happening. I need a damn change if scenery. I got to see the Red Hot Chili Peppers a few days ago, and that definitely takes the cake as far as the best show I've seen goes. Just a totally transcendent experience, the whole show just shot me back into memories of the best years of my life. I loved that feeling. I especially loved being able to share it with two of my favorite people in the world, ever. I wish my buddy John could have been there. I feel like if there was anyone else I should have seen that show with, it would be him. He got me into them around...2003 I want to say. I think the first song I'd heard by them was Parallel Universe, and I was basically hooked from there. John and I (plus the circle of friends we spent time with) would just hang out almost every day, just driving around blasting Chili Peppers and getting into trouble. And by trouble, I mean we just drove around. Endless summers spent with great friends, and the Peppers were always the soundtrack. I feel like their discography was the score for my life for about 7 years, and that was fine with me. Getting to actually see them, these guys I idolized since I was a kid, was almost too much. I was in shock before, during, and after the concert; I still can't even believe I actually saw them. Best damn show I've been to yet. So here's to you, John.

     I figured out my old MySpace information, and I've been going through the last few years of my life that was catalogued there. What the hell, high school self? What the hell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home