Sunday, October 7, 2012

Complacentastic!!!!1

Things have been quite busy for me (musically) lately! It’s good to have something to keep myself occupied with when I’m off of work even thought music is starting to feel like a second full time job (that I love). Recently we played and NIU battle of the bands that was a hell of a lot of fun (and that we won), and just last night we played a show in Chicago. There wasn’t much of a crowd, but the few that were there, including the other bands, really seemed to dig our set. I was surprised they liked us, seeing as the other two bands was this 80’s hair metal-ish kind of band and the second one being a slow, heavy, metal group. The second group was a band called Violent Faith, based out of Michigan, and let me tell you, these guys ruled. On top of playing an awesome show, they’re just a bunch of awesome guys.  They even had my band pose with theirs for some pictures under the venue sign, and that was totally killer. I hope we run into these fellas again someday; I have a feeling we’d tear up whatever city we were in. One thing violent faith said to us is that apparently our sound (which I’m still trying to figure out exactly what to classify it as (alt. rock? Mehhr)) is very well suited to the area where they’re from, so we may just have to look at playing some shows in Michigan! We just played our first show outside of De Kalb, so why not make it out of state next? Most excellent. We sure have a lot more work to do before any of that happens though. We’ve been making some excellent headway, but there’s still a lot of work to be done.
      I’ve been thinking more and more about living in the city, and last night’s show didn’t help dissuade me of such an idea. I really feel like I belong every time I stop by to visit. One good point my drummer, Phil, brought up, was “Man, I couldn’t live in this city; I’d fall in love every five seconds.” He makes a valid point, there; Chicago does seem to have just copious amounts of beautiful women, just…everywhere. Seeing all of these ladies everywhere, plus an earlier conversation with Phil, made me realize that I’ve been single coming up on a year and a half now. Looks weird to me, actually written out with the time it’s been since I had any sort of substantial relationship. And even then, the last one I had turned into a nightmare. As much as I’ve enjoyed being single for as long as I have been, I’m starting to get a bit complacent with it. Turns out being unattached and being alone are two very different things, as soon as you realize the connotations of both. I have grown a little tired of sharing my big, dumbass bed with only my laptop and the mounds of oversized pillows I sleep with under my arm. I’ve got female friends, but I can’t really just have them sleep over, cuddle, hold hands, and all that other stuff. Ugh. Maybe once I start hitting the gym hardcore again and focus even more on music, I won’t be thinking about all this junk so much. At least that’s what I’ll tell myself for now. Plus, the gym and music focus are just things I need to do anyway. Picking up some overtime would be nice, too, but what can you do.
Shredz,
Wander_Lust

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home